Sunday, March 8, 2015

How ICT helps me on my Job?

According to the source from website , ICT ( information and communications technology ) is an umbrella term that includes any communication or application which encompassing radio, television, cellular phones, satellite systems, computer and network hardware or software and so on ( www.searchcio-midmarket.techtarget.com/sDefinition/ ). From the computing dictionary, ICT is the study of technology used to handle information and aid communication ( www.dictionary.refrence.com ).
Nowadays, ICT is rapidly developing in many of countries which due to the globalization and technological change. For teachers like me, ICT has improved my effectiveness on the teaching process which in turn could help my student to enhance their educational performance. I really have full of benefits from ICT. So, I am depending on it too much. Aside from teaching pupils, teachers do really have many paper works but because of ICT, these works become easier. For example, from handwritten to computerized lesson plans with the use of computers. When filling out school forms, computing grades of pupils and ranking of honors, computers are big help. In terms of teaching, instead of everyday writing on the board with the use of chalk or writing the lesson on a manila paper, I would rather use a simple power point or a video presentation to discuss a lesson. It helps me a lot in the discussion. Pupils are eager and motivated to learn when there is a presence of technology. This kind of instructional materials can be conserved for the future use.
As an ICT Coordinator, I know that I have a bigger role than the others. I make and type reports. I search DepEd Memorandum for school. I print documents. I lay out programs for activities. I attend meetings. I echo seminars to my co-teachers. I manage our school’s (LIS) Learner Information System. And through the help of ICT, I can accomplish all these things.
ICT is everywhere. One person would not move from the house without using ICT. He can order something to eat by telephone. He can also buy clothes by Internet. This kind of service is used delivery system, so he doesn’t need to move from his house. This is one of benefits of technology called transportation. If I do not have a cellphone, it’s too inconvenient for me. I can’t talk to my co-teachers/friends/family who lives far away from our house. If I don’t have a TV/radio, I can’t get information about the happenings in the world and I can’t share it to my pupils. In my job as a teacher, I use the Internet to connect everything. However, I need to consider that eye contact, face expression, and physical touch are very important to human beings.

I hope technology never stops. It’s a big help for all of us. I like to know about the new advances, and I would like to learn more for me to share it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment